In compliance to erstwhile PM&DC standards No. 12 Research and Scholarship (National Accreditation Framework for medical & Dental Schools in Pakistan-2019) following actions are taken.
- A post of Associate dean Research has been created to facilitate all the research activities in the college and its two affiliated teaching hospitals.
- Research Cell, Research Advisory Committee and Ethical Review Committee have been established on 17-09-2020 to facilitate faculty and students on research.
- Sub-Office of ORIC has been established in our college by Khyber Medical University, Peshawar.
- MOUs are signed with Khyber Medical University, Peshawar, University of Malakand, Chakdara and Gomal University for Mutual cooperation in research.
- An amount of Rs. 109,000 has been allocated for research activities, including research studies, conferences/Workshops/ Seminars etc for the year 2021-2022.
- All the faculty consultants, specialists, postgraduate trainees, medical officers and undergraduate student are directed to submit their proposals for approval to the research advisory committee and for ethical approval to the ethical Review Committee.